Monday, June 11, 2012

Ashton's first Rookie League Baseball game...

Ashton had his first baseball game a few weeks ago, and I could tell he was so nervous! And I was nervous for him.
Lately he always seems SO big to me, but that night he seemed so small walking up to the plate in that huge helmet and scared look on his face.
 I wanted to go out there and stand next to him. I felt bad that night he didn't get a hit at all, but was so proud of him for getting out there and trying.
Baseball gets so serious here so early! It is a totally different feeling down at the baseball field than at the soccer fields and I don't really like it. I really just want Ashton to get out there and have fun and not have to take it so seriously already!
He's had two games since the first one...the second one, he got 3 hits and ran home all 3 times without getting out!
Then last week he just got one hit and got out on 2nd. Time will tell if he really takes interest in it and starts to like it more. I'm just glad he's trying!
Good job Ashton!

1 comment:

Susan O. said...

He really seems so grown up already in these games! :(

Grandma