Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Training wheels OFF!

A couple weeks ago I mentioned to Gunnar that if he wanted this summer, we could take the training wheels off of his bike and he could learn to ride on two wheels. Well that day he answered "NO!" But a couple days later he and I were home and he'd been playing the Wii while I got ready for the day, so after I was done I suggested we go out and he could ride his bike. After we got outside he said "Hey we should take my training wheels off." So I asked him if he was sure and he said he was...and the adventure began!

It was a long frustrating exciting two hours, but eventually it just clicked and he got it!
I think these pictures tell the story pretty well :) haha...
 I kept telling him to pedal hard and steer straight...he finally got the hang of it!
 Yay Gunnar! So proud of you buddie!
You can look back on this day and remember that even when things get hard and frustrating, if you keep trying eventually you'll get it :)

2 comments:

Susan O. said...

The first pictures made me so sad for Gunnar :( But you are so right about not giving up!! Loved the end! :)

Mom (Grandma)

Ashley said...

What an awesome day! I remember a very similar picture of Ashton (with his arms up in victory) when he learned to ride his bikes without training wheels. I am so excited for him!