Monday, June 25, 2012

Spelling Bee winner!

A couple weeks before school got out, Ashton came home and told me that he had to choose if he wanted to be in the class spelling bee or vocabulary bee and that he had chosen the spelling bee. It was going to be the next day and he had a huge list of possible words to go over. So he and I layed in his bed that night and went through half of the list (he whined through the whole thing, but got almost every word correct), then after breakfast the next morning we finished going through the rest of the list (with lots more whining).

Anyway he went to school and I kind of forgot all about it until when I was picking him up from school, a Mom of a girl in his class came up to me and said "Hey I heard Ashton won the spelling bee!" I was so excited for him! When I asked him about it, he got a big smile on his face and I could tell he was so happy he won :) Oh and when I asked him what he won, he said..."Just a happy feeling for winning." Love it!

I don't have any pictures from that day...shocking I know, but wanted to make sure I posted about it. So proud of you Ashton! See how hard work pays off?

No comments: