Monday, June 25, 2012

Ran my first 5K!

On June 3, I ran my first ever 5K! I have never been much of a runner, but in the past year I have started to run some. Not a lot and never very far, but I have actually started to somewhat enjoy it. It really surprised me. Anyway the night before the little race (here in Providence) my friend Dominee called me and asked me to do it with her, so I figured why not? I think I have only ever ran 3 miles once or twice, but figured I could always walk part of it if I needed to.
Anyway we got there bright and early around 7:00 to register and the race started at 8:00.
We ended up running the whole thing and were pretty proud of ourselves...and we didn't quite come in last, haha :)
We did it in 33 minutes and 50 seconds I think.
It was fun!
Now I just need to get more consistent about running...if only I was a morning person, then I would do it first thing in the morning before Lars goes to work.
But I'm glad I can say I did it!

No comments: