Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Our first snow!

I think we were all surprised yesterday when we looked outside to see 3 or 4 inches of fresh snow! Ashton and Gunnar were so excited.
Lars not so much since he had to go sweep it all off of the tramp as well as try to get it out of our poor trees before it broke branches off...and he pretty much got covered.
 Poor Ashton had come home on Monday saying he'd had a bad headache all day, then when he got up yesterday he said it still hurt bad and that he wasn't feeling well. So I gave him some ibuprofen and decided to keep him home. He laid around for a couple hours, then I could tell when his medicine kicked in and he started feeling much better. Gunnar had already been out playing in the snow for awhile and I really didn't plan on letting Ashton go out with him since he had stayed home sick from school, but....
Well I couldn't resist!
All that fun, fresh snow...what's a Mom to do? So he found all of his snow clothes and got them on and they had fun playing out in it for an hour and a half or so. It was the best day yesterday. I just kept looking at them out the window and had such a happy, grateful feeling. Just to have them both safe at home with me having so much fun playing in the new snow. What's one missed day of 2nd grade compared to this?
I love that Gunnar can't even hardly see out from under his hat :) Cutie...
It was a heavy wet snow, so after awhile they decided they were done and wanted to come in and warm up. So that means hot chocolate of course :)
We all spent the whole day in our pajamas. There are so few days like this anymore with busy schedules, so we just enjoyed it.
Back to school for Ashton (and Gunnar) today and back to reality for me!

No comments: