Thursday, October 25, 2012

A couple weeks ago I finally got around to moving Gunnar's bed away from the wall and taking off the little railing we'd been using ever since he started sleeping in his big boy bed. I wanted him to be able to start making his own  bed and thought it was probably time to learn how to sleep in his bed without anything preventing him from falling out.
When he came upstairs and saw it, he was so excited!  I love how moving his bed a foot in one direction made him so happy...little things :)
Anyway I was actually really surprised for these past 2 weeks or so, he never fell out!
Until last night :(
It was only about 11:00, so Lars was still awake but I was asleep and it made me jump out of bed and run into his room when I heard him scream. We didn't turn his light on right away, so I just picked him up and put him back in bed and tried to tuck him back in, but he wouldn't stop crying and when my eyes eventually started working I saw that his face was covered in blood!
So we flipped the light on to see where it was coming from, and saw a little gash on the corner of his eyelid next to his eye. I could tell it was really painful and it took him a long time to calm down. It was so sad :(
I ended up holding him and laying with him for a couple hours before I went back to bed. Luckily this morning it looked a lot better and we were glad that we hadn't decided to take him in and see if it needed stitches. Hopefully it will heal up fine. Poor guy :(
 I love his eyelashes, eybrows and cute freckles :)
I started thinking this afternoon, that had this happened last year at this time (6 days before Halloween)...it would have been perfect for his costume! haha :)
 

1 comment:

Susan O. said...

Poor little guy. :( I love the closeup of his adorable freckles also though.