Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Point...

The weekend before last we drove down to Thanksgiving Point to meet Lars' parents (Papa & Nana) and his sister Shelley, brother-in-law Mat and Ashton and Gunnar's only cousins Ali and Hunter. It was a beautiful day and the kids had a blast at the Scarecrow Festival (or whatever it was called) that was going on there that weekend. They mostly played on about 15 different inflatables for about 3 hours. At least the boys did. I also took some pictures of all of them for Christmas cards.
(I'll get them in the mail to you guys soon :)
Then we went over to the Dinosaur Museum. After we left Thanksgiving Point, we of course had to go to Cabella's since it's right there and I love it so much (ha!) Then we went to dinner at Tepanyaki which is a lot like Beni Hana's (no clue how to spell that)...where they cook your food at your table right in front of you. The very first time I ever met Mat and Shelley when Lars and I were dating, we met at the Beni Hana's in Salt Lake, and I've never been back since. I knew Ashton would totally LOVE the experience of it and I was right. He thought it was so cool. He never took his eyes off of our chef. The best part was when the chef throws shrimp and tries to get them in your mouth. A few of us (not me) caught them, but poor Ali got smacked right in the face with hers HARD! It was actually pretty funny! And she was a good sport. So after we all had our food Ashton got out his chopsticks and started being our chef pretending to fling food at all of us.
When we were done, we said goodbye and had to stop back at Cabella's ( I just didn't have enough time to see it all the first time :)...actually Lars couldn't get help at the gun counter because it was so busy, but they had the gun he's been looking for, so we went back so he could try again. The boys and I sat in the car and Gunnar finally fell asleep at 7:00 pm... ...and Lars walked away with his beloved gun. Merry Christmas hun!

It was a fun day!

(Thanks again for dinner Nana & Papa!)

2 comments:

Jody said...

Fun place to eat!! My kids beg to eat there.. Glad you had a great time!! What woman doesn't love Cabella's? Ha Ha! You were lucky you could go there twice in one day! The cookies were delicious..Can't remember if I told you that!!Have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Cassidy said...

yes i went yesterday! I got two pair of those Ugg looking boots and a pair of earings. All for only $38.00. Seems how i am very unbalanced lately i need some safe and warm shoes since the ice will be here soon. I was so excited. But likeyou said, i didn't have my kids so it made it ok. Don't know if i would of braved it with them.