Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall fun...

Lars looked over my shoulder as I was on the computer with my blog on the screen tonight and said...hey whose blog is that? So I told him it was mine and he said I need to put some stuff about our family on it instead of other people's pictures...(hey sorry...that's what I've been up to lately!)

So anyway here are a few fun fall pictures and what has been going on with our own family...
This is by far my favorite time of the year. I love everything about it...leaves changing color and falling off the trees and walking through them when they are in thick piles on the ground (I don't know why but it is one of my favorite things), back to school, fun fall clothes, of course Halloween, Thanksgiving, (yummy pumpkin/chocolate chip cookies I made today)...I just love it all!
Speaking of leaves...this is what we did a couple afternoons ago while we were waiting for Lars to get home. We don't have a ton of leaves in our yard yet, but we do get some off of one of our trees and our giant bush. So I talked Ashton and his buddy Jace into going outside to play in them. Gunnar never has to be talked into going outside (if I even mention the word, he runs to the laundry room and grabs his shoes), but Ashton is back into his wanting to wear pajamas all day and stay inside mood. But that day they all had fun raking up the leaves then jumping in them over and over, then having leaf fights, ...then I buried them in leaves. They loved that!
Before...
(their smiles are the best!)After... These are my new favorite pictures of Gunnar (and me). As I was taking pictures of the boys in the leaves, he got behind me and I see him doing this......so I hurried and turned the camera his way. Too funny!
This is how we feel about eachother......SO in LoVe. I could just eat him, he is so cute and fun right now. This age is the best. He gives me kisses and hugs all day and is just saying the cutest, funniest things! I love Ashton to pieces too of course and totally remember this age with him and how much I loved it. So I'm enjoying every minute of this time with Gunnar. (even when he throws his little tantrums that are becoming more often).
Every day Ashton asks me when his Halloween costume is "ever going to get here". And really if I'm being honest...it's already here, has been for weeks, but I will not let him have it till a few days before Halloween, maybe even the day before. He is the kid that would wear it every day for about 3 days, then get sick of it and want to be something else. Or if I did tell him I had it, but not give it to him, he would bug me endlessly to let him wear it.
I too can't wait to dress them up and have Halloween finally be here, but it's only 1 more week. We can all wait!
Stay tuned for the costume post...hee hee!

6 comments:

horsehug said...

Super cute pictures!
Oh and I like Fall too when it is nice outside! :)But I still like Summer best of all....if I get a glimpse of it before it is over. :(

Jody said...

SO fun I love FALL too!! Walking and playing in crunchy leaves is wonderful.. I just wish fall would last a little longer.. Darn.. Your boys are way to cute.. Call you again soon!

Jody said...

Thanks so much for the recipe!! I will let you know how they turn out!! Your awesome!! Next year we are doing the spray paint pumpkins.. I think they are so cute.. You could decorate the ones you painted like a witch and black cat and forget the carving..!!HAHA

Cassidy said...

so seriously i about peed my pants when i read your comment on lindee's blog "throw some food over the fence" seriously though huh?? poor thing. I can't believe you already have planned what your kids are. (actually i can)HELP ME!!!

Angie said...

I am right with you on the Fall season. I LOVE IT!! However, this year, no one would know it. I have NO fall decorations up in the house, I only have 2 measly pumpkins on our porch and we've done no fall projects/crafts with the kids, which I always do! UGH. But your pictures are great and the kids look like they had a blast in the leaves. I'm waiting for all of our leaves to dry out so we can attempt to play in them. It's been raining a ton here...

Angie said...

Oh yea - and if Lars doesn't like you posting your portrait sessions on here -- just make up a new blog site and start putting them on there. Just a thought...