Friday, January 8, 2010

The power of PRAYER...

We found Lovey!!!

All of these days I have kept praying & praying to Saint Anthony (our patron Saint of lost things)...even though I really thought that Lovey was gone for good. And tonight Lars found him tucked in between two piles of towels in on our bathroom shelves! I guess that was the one place in the house that I didn't completely look through. I had kind of shuffled through them, but didn't take everything out to look. Lars went looking for a sheet to put on an inflatable mattress that Ashton and his cousin Hunter are sleeping on tonight and as he dug through the towels to get to the sheets...there he was! And as I think about it, I'm sure that Gunnar was the one that shoved him in there. I know this because a couple times while I've been getting ready in the bathroom, he thought it was a fun game to push things back in that exact spot, then dig them back out. Anyway I am SO SO glad that Lovey is back!!!
Ashton was of course excited too that Lovey was found (he said "Thank you Daddy, thank you Daddy!), but the story gets a little more interesting ...
I remembered that a long time ago Lars' sister Shelley (who made Lovey) told me that she'd made an extra lovey (out of the same material as Ashton's and Hunter's were made of)...just in case anything ever happened to either of them. So in my desperation a few days ago, I asked her if maybe Ashton could have the extra one. She told me she'd ask Hunter if it was okay and maybe they'd bring it up this weekend and give it to him for his birthday. Well sweet little Hunter agreed to it, so a few hours ago after they arrived, they gave him the extra lovey. Ashton was so happy to get it. He looked at it a little funny at first......because Shelley didn't have time to sew on eyes or a nose (and of course this lovey is all soft and brand new), but he immediately hugged it and was glad to have it. Then right before bed Lars found his old Lovey and after Ashton hugged him, he said
"Hey now I have 2 loveys to sleep with!" So I told him that we needed to give the extra lovey back to put away in case anything ever happened again to his or Hunter's lovey. Well now he wants both of them!! So we let him sleep with them both tonight, but we'll have to see what happens tomorrow.
Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you who commented on my "Sad" post about Lovey (and didn't think I was being ridiculous) and who also checked back to see if we'd found him (you are all so sweet!) ...and thank you all who prayed for us to find him!!! So many times in my life I see the power of prayer.
Thank you Saint Anthony!
Oh and I guess we can go take down all of our "LOST lovey" signs that Lars hung up around the neighborhood :)
I just knew he wasn't outside somewhere!!!

7 comments:

horsehug said...

I was SOOOOOOO Happy to get your news tonight :-) I NEVER quit praying either!! I am SOOO happy for Ashton, and you too!!

annilee said...

YAY LOVEY is found! Now I can sleep tonight. :) What a cutie he is!

Tallie Geddes said...

I am laughing my head off right now! I can't believe you found him and I'm so thrilled you did. Jace and Jes will also be thrilled for Ashton - we talk about it everyday when we drive past those cute signs - did you get a picture of those - you need one!

fourballerinas said...

I'm so glad you found it! Kayla still sleeps with her blankets- 3 of them in fact and is 7 1/2 years old. Who knows when she'll give that up. Savannah has a stuffed bear that she sleeps with- looks like it's been through the ringer- but I had my mom get an extra one when I saw that she loved sleeping with it. Good to have a backup. I have an extra blankie of Alyssa's and Ava's (if she catches on like the other have). So glad you found it. Happy Birthday to Ashton too. He'll be in kindergarten next year- so will Savannah.
Audrey

Ashley said...

YAY! I am glad Lovey is no longer MIA. He looks well loved compared to the new one.

Jody said...

AWESOME!! So glad that LOVEY is back!! Thank goodness for the power of prayer. Don't know what we would do without it!! Bet Lars couldn't wait to show it to him!! Yeah for Lars!!

Lindee said...

yay yay yay! I'm so happy! I was just heartbroken for little ashton to lose his lovey. yay!