Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Lars! (yesterday)...

Lars turned 35 yesterday!! We had fun celebrating all weekend. If there is one thing I have learned about my husband it is that he is not good at sitting still...he always wants to have plans and wants to be busy doing something. Especially on the weekends. He works so hard during the week he never wants to spend his days off sitting around. I guess that's why they say opposites attract...one of the things I am very best at is laying around!
Anyway with that in mind...here is how our weekend went:
Friday-I set up a babysitter to come at 5:00 and we went out to dinner (at Happy Sushi...Lars' choice), then to a movie...Extraordinary Measures (which was pretty good!).
Saturday-Lars got up early and went to an ice-fishing tournament all day, then came home and had dinner with us then I had a bunch of his friends come over for a surprise poker party. I really wanted to hold off and not say anything to him till they all started arriving, but he was walking around in an undershirt and pajama bottoms (and I needed to get all of the treats and drinks set out), so finally about half an hour before they came I told him he better go get dressed. Of course he wanted to know why, so I told him that I was having a poker night for him. He was totally surprised and excited...even though he'd been up since about 4 am!
Sunday-we made breakfast in bed for him, then gave him his present from the boys... Then had a lazy morning, got Subway sandwiches for lunch, let Gunnar have a nap, then we all went sledding for a couple hours. It was so FUN! Ashton always loves it...... but Gunnar (after going down one time with me) didn't want much to do with it... He wanted to play on the park equipment instead for awhile.
Then before we were getting ready to leave Lars put him on the sled on his belly and tucked his hands in and pushed him down a small hill.
He LOVED it! Wait that was Lars...Here's Gunnar loving it!He could not stop smiling... ...and we ended up staying another hour and had to drag him away. In the meantime, I had some fun going down too...
(when I wasn't busy taking pictures...this one was for Ashton, I knew he'd think it was funny!)It was so nice to see some sunshine in Cache Valley!!!Anyway I think he had a fun activity filled weekend.
Happy #35 hun!

5 comments:

Angie said...

So fun... he's a very lucky man to have you do all that stuff in just ONE weekend! (secretly, I am just like you - I could lay around most of the day and just enjoy the relaxation of it!)

Jody said...

You are one busy woman!! Looks like a great time!! You are very thoughtful.... Looks like Lars had a happy one!!

horsehug said...

Jessica, you sure had a wonderful birthday for Lars! I'm sure he appreciated it too. Cute cute pictures of Ashton and Gunnar as always. :)

Mandy said...

wow- what a birthday! love the pic of gunnar sliding!

Tallie Geddes said...

You guys always do such a great job making your special day fun! Now you need to make sure you get that anniversary trip going!