Saturday, January 16, 2010

Ashton's Party...

Happy B-BAY Aggie!!!
That's what Gunnar ran around saying all day. It was so cute~!
Ashton's birthday fell on a Wednesday and I thought he would be back in school by then (the 6th!), but his crazy school for some reason didn't start back till Friday the 9th. Anyway I was thinking it would be nice if he had to go to school to pass some time before his party that we'd decided to do that night at 6:30. No such luck...but we had a fun day anyway. I wanted to make breakfast in bed for him, but he got up too early. So he helped me make waffles. Then we hung out around the house and got ready for the day. Then per his request we went to "Playland McDonald's" for lunch. I had tried to talk him into going to Chili's...I even told him we could get the molten chocolate cake. Nope...he had his heart set on McDonald's. So we went and picked up Lars at work and drove out to the one in Hyrum. (I refuse to go to the disgusting one on this end of Logan.) Anyway the boys had lots of fun playing there for about half an hour...then we dropped Lars off and headed home. Gunnar went down for his nap and Ashton and I made his Birthday cupcakes. He actually requested cupcakes this year and I gladly said yes :) So we decided to arrange them in the shape of a 5 and he wanted the frosting to be blue and green.
After we got that done, Gunnar woke up from his nap and we still had a couple hours to kill before the party, so we decided to head to Macey's and get balloons. Or "blooneys" as Gunnar calls them :)
Then not long after we got back Lars got home and it was almost (finally!) party time. We ate a quick dinner and then waited for our guests to arrive. We had a houseful when everyone showed up. Ashton's neighborhood friends Tyler, Jace, & Reagan came as well as his friends from church Dante and Julius and Brayden from school, and Nate and Brianne's boys Dax and Luke. Nate stayed to help out and Brayden's mom, (my friend) Brittany stuck around too and was nice enough to take over taking pictures. Thank YOU! It could have gotten a little crazy with all of those kids, but it was fun. I had put on the invitations... ...that we may be playing a couple games, so I had to come up with something. So we blew up a bunch of balloons and all the kids had to rub them on their heads till they stuck and whoever could walk around with it on their head the longest won. Hey come on...they're 5 year olds! And they actually thought it was pretty fun.
Then when it came time to open presents we did "musical presents". All the kids sat in a circle holding the gift that they brought. We turned the music on and they were supposed to pass them around the circle till the music stopped. Then whichever gift Ashton was holding, he would open. Fun idea right?? Well even though most of them are 5 or over it didn't work quite as well as planned...but eventually all the presents got opened and Ashton got a lot of fun stuff!

This was the final present from Lars and me...I loved the look on his face when he opened it. He was SO excited!
Then it was time to sing to our Birthday boy.

I think that was Gunnar's favorite part...
Oh wait except for this... Now that is how to enjoy a cupcake!

Ashton loved them too...
After everyone ate cupcakes and ice-cream and they stayed to play a little longer, then it was time to go. The whole night went more smoothly than I thought it might.
It was a fun party!

3 comments:

Jody said...

Looks like a really fun party!! Darling cake as ALWAYS!! You are way to clever.. Stop making all of us look bad!! Your boys are way to cute.. Wish we lived closer so kids could play together..

Cascio Photography said...

I am so glad we got to come to the party! Ashton cracks me up! :) Can you believe they are both FIVE now?! crazy! Glad I could help you like you helped me!! :)

Tallie Geddes said...

So simple and yet soooo cute! Love it!!!