Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Nemo Cake!

Last Saturday I, for the first time, made a cake for someone other than my own family. A girl from church that I didn't really know called and asked me if I would make a Finding Nemo themed cake for her son's 1st birthday party. She works in the church office with another lady that I am friends with on facebook and that lady showed her pictures of cakes I've made for the boys.
Anyway I gladly said yes! It's fun for me to try to be creative with cakes.
So I came up with a couple of ideas and emailed her asking which one she wanted me to do and luckily she chose the easier option :)
Easier, but very time consuming! It took about 6  hours on Saturday! It was a big party, so I also baked and frosted 50 cupcakes to go with it as well.
I loved how it turned out even though during the process I really wondered if it was going to look good at all. I really kind of hate the in between process before I can see the end result!
I had ordered the little figurines off of Amazon...
It was fun to try out the new spray food coloring too...I frosted all four layers of the cake white, then just sprayed on the blue. I love the effect and will totally be using it in the future.
I was just crossing my fingers that Lorena and her cute little guy Santiago would like it, and they did...I was so relieved!
Sounds like it was a hit at the fun party too :) 

 

No comments: