Thursday, August 16, 2012

Time to Journal...

Now that I am all caught up with my regular posts, it's time just journal. I love to look back on these posts later and know that I especially will some day when my little boys are all grown up. For now that thought makes me way too sad, so moving on...
We have had such a fun, fun summer! We packed a lot into the last 2 and a half months and have made so many fun memories with great friends and familyl. I can't believe school will start back up for Ashton one week from today. Seems like he just had his last day of first grade.
Before I forget something cute he asked me this morning...He came up to me with his sand dollar (that he'd gotten in Texas a couple years ago) in his hand and asked me "Could I buy stuff on the beach with this Mom?" In all Ashton seriousness of course! Haha...it made me laugh. Sometimes he seems like a teenager in a 7 year old body to me, but then times like that make me realize how young and innocent he really still is.
I've said it before, but some of my favorite times with him are late at night when I go lay in his bed with him. We pray and talk and laugh. I will always treasure those times with him.
Especially since a lot of times during the day he's mad at me for asking him to get dressed, or do his chores or telling him it's time to turn off the video games...you know mean Mom stuff!
I really will miss these days of summer.
This was our lazy morning today...
Having a little breakfast picnic of toaster waffles & Danoninos yogurts, watching one of their favorite shows Ninjago. :)
One Gunnar thing I haven't blogged about yet is that for at least the last 6 weeks or so, lots of times during the day you can find him standing on his head. He loves to do it and can do it for a LONG time now! When he first started doing it, I got the cutest video of him...you can tell in it that not only is he surprised at how long he's doing it, but it shocked me too. Ashton even turns around and says "How does he do that?!?" when he sees how long he's doing it.
I need to get some better pictures of him doing it since he does it constantly.
It's definitely on my list to get him signed up for gymnastics this fall. I know that if I can get him to leave my side and just do it, he'll love it!
He starts kickball again soon and I'm crossing my fingers that I will get to watch this year instead of play ;)
Ashton has decided he does want to play soccer again this fall, so we're hoping that goes well too.
With it being so hot outside they have both just been loving staying inside when we're not out doing something.
They spent hours one day sliding down the stairs in their sleeping bags...I got some really funny videos of that :)
Last weekend we let them sleep downstairs together on the air mattress. We put them to bed at 9:15 I think and they talked and laughed non-stop until they finally fell asleep at 11:00!! And were up at 7:00.
Not nearly enough sleep which resulted in this the next day...
I hadn't heard Gunnar for awhile and went downstairs and found him snuggled into the sleeping bag on the air mattress sound asleep.
I knew he was tired from the night before, but after he woke up we could tell he wasn't feeling very good either and he ended up having a little fever.
He kind of had a stomach ache that night and the next day, but otherwise he was fine.
I can't remember if I ever wrote this down before, but just remembered it...
I thought it would be funny to ask Ashton & Gunnar what they thought I'd like for my birthday...Ashton's reply: "Maybe a motor scooter...then when I asked him why..."because you always like to take mine and ride it." haha :) Gunnar's reply: "Clothes (smart boy), or maybe a doll...or a doll cake. Oh and also Mom maybe Dad, Ashton and I could make breakfast and bring it to your bed." :)
I love the cute things they say...
I guess that's about all for now. We're excited for our last hurrah weekend before summer when we head over to stay at Bear Lake on Saturday and Sunday night. Hopefully we'll have beautiful weather and lots of relax time. So glad the knee walker isn't joining us this year :)

No comments: