Tuesday, August 7, 2012

36...

Wow...36.
Weird. More weird than 35.
 36? Doesn't seem real sometimes.
But it's true...I turned 36 on July 28th! It was fun to have it on a Saturday this year at least. Lars as usual made a fun plan. He and the boys did the traditional breakfast in bed...french toast and fruit, brought in with their cute cards and cute smiles :)
Oh and with a whole itinerary for the day that Lars had prepared.
It started with me getting ready for the day, then we drove down to Riverdale to go furniture shopping (unsuccessfully) at RC Willey. Then lunch...we ended up at Bajio.
Then we drove onto Salt Lake and checked into the Hilton for the night. I got so sleepy, so Lars took the boys swimming while I had a nice nap :)
 Then we got ready and drove over to the new City Creek outdoor mall.
 It's really pretty down there, but we didn't really shop since the boys were with us. Oh well...seems way too expensive to me anyway. We just walked around and the boys played in the water for awhile, then we at at Kneaders.
 My biggest memory from there will be seeing a woman sitting in a wheel chair holding a sign asking for money...I really can't remember what it said, mostly I just remember the sad look in her eyes and the fact that she didn't have any legs :( We walked past her at first and tears came to my eyes, then as we walked past her again on our way out, I walked up to her with Gunnar and gave her what cash I had in my wallet. I could see the gratitude in her eyes, and it made me cry again. As we walked away and Gunnar looked back at her I explained to him that it was a good thing to do to give money to people like that who are suffering...he had a concerned look on his little face and said yeah I know Mommy.
Then we went back to the hotel and got ready for bed.
The chlorine had really hurt Lars' eyes swimming, so I took the boys back to the pool in the morning.
We had lots of fun! Then we went back up to the room and at our McDonald's breakfast Lars went and got for us, then got ready for the day and headed home. It was a a fun birthday even though I'm getting so old!
I am so grateful for a great husband and my two sweet boys :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds like a great day! Time flies when you are having fun. Happy birthday again
Love ya!

Susan O. said...

It's sure hard for me to believe it has been 36 years also!! :) No one would ever think you were 36 by the way :)

Love, mom