Monday, January 27, 2014

Lars is 39!

As crazy as it is that Ashton just turned 9, it's more crazy (to Lars anyway) that he just turned 39! Ashton was born right before his 30th birthday.
Also hard to believe that it's been just about 15 years since our first date!
Fun picture I found from not long after we first met :)
Anyway he had a fun weekend of celebrating.
I made him cinnamon bread french toast that morning before work, then he worked half a day. The boys and I made him cards and decorated the garage door :)
Then when he came home about 12:30, he and I went and got jamba juices and ran a couple errands together...which was nice, that never happens these days.
Then the boys got out of school and his parents showed up a little while later.
I had to go get a huge load of groceries while they all watched a movie. Then we all went out to eat at his requested place...Elements. It is so good!
He and I had picked up this cake while we were out running our errands...
Kind of funny it's a heart, but it was the flavor he chose and that was the only shape they had it in. (and I got a break from making a cake!)
So after dinner we sang to him, then had cake and watched Shark Tank before bed.
 Saturday we got up and he and I actually got to go skiing alone together for the first time in about 8 years!
We went with our friends Matt and Lori and had a great day. It was so much fun!
 His parents stayed home with the boys and took them to the fun park.
Then we just made soup that night and ended up going to the 9:00 pm Aggie basketball game with our neighbors BJ and Emily. It was a really good game! Yes I really just wrote that...I even paid attention to most of it! It got really exciting at the end and went into overtime, but then the Aggies lost.
Anyway I would say Lars had a really fun weekend...getting to do (and eat) lots of things that he loves!
Happy Birthday hun...one more year till the big 40!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love that picture of you guys. Time flies. I am glad you had a great weekend.

horsehug said...

You are not only a wonderful mom but a wonderful wife! Sounds like you gave Lars a Perfect birthday! :) Love all your pictures as always!