Saturday, March 1, 2014

Day 3...XPLOR park in Mexico!

We booked this fun excursion for our second full day in Mexico...We took a bus to the XPLOR park that morning and spent the whole day there.
  It was SO fun! I have to admit I was so nervous that morning when we were getting ready to go. Nervous to do the zip lines. But once I'd done a couple of them, I loved it...We did 14 total! My only regret was that I wasn't able to bring my camera because some of the zip lines landed in water. I really wish I'd bought a waterproof camera for this trip! Oh well...live and learn. I did take a few pictures of the pictures that the park took of us and posted on screen. So they are super blurry, but oh well at least you can see that we zip lined :)
 We just stayed in our swim suits all day knowing we'd be wet all day, and we just wore the helmets all day...the way that this place was set up was that this big beating heart was in the center and all of the paths led back to here...
 Then you'd take different paths to do all of the activities. So we kept all of our stuff in a locker and just came back to this area after each thing we did and after eating lunch etc...
After we ate lunch we went and drove these fun amphibious vehicles through the jungle and in and out of caves.
This was so fun too!
We rode in these once then went and did the underwater cave rafting...
  ...then the swimming through the caves (my least favorite), then came back and did these cars again. 
Then we finally got out of our wet swimsuits and got dressed and we had some time left before we had to go find our bus, so we went back to the buffet and ate a little more then found these hammocks and relaxed in them for awhile. It felt so good!!
  That night back at the resort we tried out the Mexican buffet...it was good and had a fun Mariachi band...
 Then the show that night was a Michael Jackson impersonator that was great! 
 Afterwards we wandered down to the beach in the dark... 
Besides kinking my neck on one of the zip lines...it was such a fun perfect day!

1 comment:

horsehug said...

You are lots braver than I am :) But the little jeepy vehicles looked fun and the hammocks look wonderful too! haha I mostly would love being warm outside!!! :)