Thursday, March 6, 2014

Time to go home...

We had to fly home on Tuesday...we were kind of ready, and really missed the boys but it was still hard to leave.
We got up and for the first time all week I made myself head over to the gym on our resort and got on the treadmill and ran 3 miles. It felt good after not running all week!
After that we walked around for a little bit, then went to our last breakfast. I'd packed up all my stuff the night before, so I just got showered and ready for the day while Lars packed up his stuff, then we had to be ready for our shuttle at 11:00.
Such a fun week with the perfect mix of adventure and relaxation and just spending time together with no distractions.
 We absolutely loved it there!
And I am so grateful to Lars for working so hard, so that we could go on a trip like this. I look at it as an investment in our marriage and money very well spent.
I'm also so grateful to Kelli for being willing to watch the boys for a whole week...It is not an easy job she learned!
That was a long traveling day...it would be nice if there were a straight flight, but that wasn't an option. So we had our layover in Houston again and finally made it home at about 10:30 that night.
 I was so excited to go in and see the boys and kiss on them while they were sleeping. And to see them in the morning. They were so excited to see us and it felt good to be home!
Gunnar was excited to help me make waffles :) And of course loved his shirt we brought him (and didn't take it off for the next 5 days:)...
Ashton even admitted he missed us!


1 comment:

horsehug said...

Congrats on the science fair project. I think it was a really neat idea too :) And I'm so glad you made it home safe and sound :)