Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sunday...Ferry to Cozumel and snorkeling!

On Sunday we got up early and took a taxi into Playa...
We walked around there for a little bit and took some pictures with this statue thing...
  ...then bought tickets for the ferry that goes over to Cozumel and also booked a boat to take us out snorkeling once we got over there.
The ferry ride was about 40 minutes and luckily didn't make either of us sick!
Waiting for the ferry...
Once we got to Cozumel we had about 20 minutes before we had to get on our little boat to go snorkeling so we went and got some snacks and Lars changed into his swim suit (in an alleyway!) while I held up a towel for him because we couldn't find a close bathroom.
Lots of these little bugs driving around as well as scooters...
Then we got on the boat.
There were about 12 of us and they took us out a little ways into the ocean and we were able to snorkel in 3 different spots. You know me...swimming is not my favorite, but this was actually lots of fun.
I wore a life jacket...or I might have drowned!
But it was fun to see all of the colorful fish...and our guide was a fun Mexican guy Alberto. All of the Mexican people we encountered were so sweet...I loved that about this trip.
Once again I wished I would have had an underwater camera, but I didn't. However at one point some other guy popped up out of the water and told us to pose for a picture and later found us and sold us this...
Kind of a funny picture, but I was glad to have it :)
 After we were all done, we got back on land and went and changed out of our wet swimsuits (in a bathroom this time!) and ate at a yummy Mexican restaurant...
 Then we took the ferry back over to Playa and walked around 5th Avenue for awhile...tons of little shops and restaurants.
It was fun just to wander around just the two of us. I told Lars at one point that it was fun to just be somewhere where we didn't know anyone!
Lars traded in a bunch of our cash for pesos and luckily he is smart enough to understand the exchange rate and had fun paying with them! We also brought some back for the boys to have...
We also found some t-shirts for the them, then finally got a taxi back to our resort.
 We ate dinner at one of the buffets, then they had all of these vendors out that night and there was a Mexican show going on that we watched for a few minutes...
 Another beautiful, fun day! 

1 comment:

horsehug said...

LOVED reading about all your adventures. I laughed about the raccoon that jumped up and scared you and again that you might have drowned if you did not have a life jacket :) You are such a good writer. Seeing so many different little animals was neat, and the beautiful weather and yummy food would be my very favorite parts if I were there. :)